Updated 5 August 2022
Shelf Wizard can be designated as the Controller as referred to in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for processing your personal data.
Shelf Wizard can be reached through the contact information below:
- By telephone: +31 (0) 6 400 888 20
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal address: Marco Polostraat 75 2, 1057 WG, Amsterdam
- Chamber of Commerce: 85783951
- Data Protection Officer: Oscar Marginean, [email protected]
If an impression that data has not properly been protected or has been abused, please contact Shelf Wizard at [email protected]
What Data do we collect?
Personal data you give to us
When you create an account with us, we will ask you for the following personal information in order to execute our service:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, city, country and Postal Code
Personal data you give us about others
In case you wish to provide other users with access to our system, we will require the following personal information about them
- First and last name
- Email address
Personal data we collect automatically
Whenever you visit our sites, we automatically collect certain information
- IP address
- The date and time of visit
- Information about your computer’s hardware and software (operating system, internet browser version and type, language settings)
- Information about clicks and pages you’ve visited
In addition, if you visit our website on a mobile device, we will collect additional device-specific information:
- Data that identifies the model of device
- Screen resolution
Data usage purpose
There are several ways in which we use your personal or other identifying information:
- To fulfil our service: In order to fulfil our service as a Google Comparison Shopping Service (CSS), we will use your billing information for billing purposes.
- Customer service: In order to be able to support you effectively, we will use your information to contact you and communicate with you.
- Account facilities: In order to allow you to log into our dashboard at https://dashboard.shelfwizard.com, we use your email as the primary identification mechanism.
- Marketing activities: if you subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send you updates about our business, new feature launches or promotional material.
- Market research: we might invite you to take part in market research. In this case we will use your name and email address to contact you about this. If we need additional information during the market research, we will inform you in the invitation and give you the opportunity to decline the invitation.
- Improving our services: we use your personal data in order to improve our services. In particular, we collect information about devices, internet browsers and operating systems to ensure a correct and consistent experience on all platforms. In addition, we collect click and usage information in order to identify how much our services are used and how well they perform. As much as possible, we try to anonymize and de-identify the personal data for this purpose.
- Legal purposes: we will only provide specific information about you if necessary in a criminal case such as a search warrant, subpoena, ordinance or court order.
In order to fulfil our service, we are sharing your personal information with a number of third parties. Please see below the list of data sub processors and the purpose of the processing.
|Subprocessor||Subject Matter||Purpose / Nature of processing||Data centre location|
|Hetzner Online GmbH.||Hosting service provider||Infrastructure provider hosting most of our infrastructure. Almost all data stored, processed and transmitted is sub processed by this entity||EU|
|SendGrid, Inc.||Email service Provider||This service allows us to deliver emails from the product.||US|
|MailChannels Corporation||Email service Provider||This service allows us to deliver emails from the product.||US|
|Mollie B.V.||Credit Card storage and payment gateway||In order to store your payment information securely and in a PCI-DSS compliant manner, we use Mollie B.V. to store and charge your credit card.||EU|
|Chargebee Inc.||Invoicing, subscription management and payment storage||We use Chargebee in order to facilitate subscriptions management and payment processing in a secure and PCI-DSS compliant way.||US, EU|
|Cloudflare, Inc.||Hosting service & infrastructure provider||In order to protect our infrastructure against DDoS attacks and other illegal activities, we route all our traffic through Cloudflare servers. No data is stored within their infrastructure||US, EU, APAC|
Shelf Wizard would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request Shelf Wizard for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Shelf Wizard correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Shelf Wizard to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Shelf Wizard erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Shelf Wizard restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Shelf Wizard’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request Shelf Wizard to transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected].
Retaining and deleting your data
These retention policies and procedures are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows
- Identifiers like Name, Contact Details and billing details will be retained for a minimum period of 3 months following your first interaction with our website and services, and with a maximum period of 6 months following that specific date.
- Also, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Shelf Wizard uses information provided by cookies to keep track of how you use the website and to prepare reports on website activity. Shelf Wizard uses two kinds of cookies. Session cookies are temporary (expires after your session ends) and then deleted from your computer when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer, even after you close the web browser. However, persistent cookies do expire after a set expiry date. Session cookies are used to make navigating the website easier and persistent cookies to save certain user settings, so that the use of the website can be personally optimised.
Data handling of Google Services
Whenever we request you to grant us access to your Google profile, we are going for the smallest possible access needed to be able to see your email address and Merchant Center Accounts. This is purely used for allowing you to log in and download the products listed in the Merchant Center account, as required by Google CSS policy. We are not sharing your email in any form or method with anyone outside Shelf Wizard.